Experience The SLS Advantage:
The SLS methodology to lawn care in the new millennium is one that is committed to an environmentally-friendly approach. Our state-of-the-art equipment and advanced application techniques allows us to do just that. SLS Landscaping, Inc. is dedicated to providing you with a great-looking lawn and landscape, while taking care of our environment. One of the ways we do this is through IPM, or Integrated Pest Management.
What is IPM?
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a decision making process for determining what actions to take when pest problems occur. The focus is on creating an environment that is ideal for healthy, sustainable turf grass, while at the same time inhibiting insects, weeds and disease. Our IPM programs implement all available information and treatment methods in order to manage pest problems effectively, economically and in an environmentally sound manner.
SLS’s Integrated Pest Management includes:
- Use natural fertilizers or slow release fertilizers, such as sulfur- or polymer-coated urea.
- Compost grass clippings on site. They are a natural source of nitrogen and readily decompose.
- Upon request, provide client with information on pesticide application.
- Ensure that any soil amendments are consistent with soil analysis.
- Preventative applications.
- Keeping fertilizer, insecticides and pesticides out of water sources and off pavement.
- Using the least-toxic products available on the market today.
- Applying products according to the manufactures recommendations.
- Performing only necessary services. Before using pesticides to control insects or weeds, make sure the problem is correctly identified and what the most appropriate method to control the problem is.
- Spot treating weeds in lawns whenever possible.
We also promote environmental cultural practices such as:
- Using mulch around trees and in landscape beds to retain moisture.
- Watering properly.
- Mowing frequently with a sharp mower blade.
- Mulching grass clippings to keep nutrients in the lawn.
- Mowing your lawn at the highest recommended mower setting.
- SLS understands the value of protecting our environment and we ask you to join us in acting as stewards for our environment.